Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Earrings for Chile
I've sold 8 pairs of earrings so far to help the earthquake and seaquake victims in Chile (http://www.smashingdarling.com/item/chilean-mermaid-earrings). I'm pretty excited about it. My goal is to be able to donate $100 to the Red Cross' relief efforts down in Santiago and Concepcion. So far, my cousin has bought 2 pairs, my godmother bought a pair, 2 friends from school bought a pair each, my roommate bought a pair, a friend from high school bought a pair, and my sister's roommate bought a pair. And, I saved 4 pairs for me, my sisters and my mom. For each of those pairs I'm donating $5 each, too. I'll be at my goal of $100 in no time (I'm at $60 now!). I love doing stuff to help people without just forking over money randomly. It's nice that people are bying the earrings w/ beads from Chile becuase it will hopefully remind them every time they wear them that they helped out people in need. I think it's way more meaningful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment