Fact: I want a job.
Fact: I need a job.
Fact: I don't have a job lined up after graduation.
Fact: There are no journalism jobs.
So after four years at the university, the who "newspapers are dying" thing is finally seeming as though it is true. I'm a well-qualified candidate for so many potential journalism jobs, yet none are available at all.
Basically, I spend my days, resume and sample cover letter on hand, refreshing journalism jobs, naively hoping that a job will pop up that a). I am qualified for, and b). no one else ever sees. But we all know that will never happen. It is very discouraging.
But life goes on, job or no job. The semester is real busy right now. I have assignments due left and right for my two writing classes, a new group project to work on for my sociology class, and looming photo assignments that I know will kick my butt. In the midst of all that, I am still working two jobs, planing my wedding, trying to figure out how I'm furnishing my apartment, etc., etc., etc.
Busy busy busy. But when am I not!?
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment