Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ThinkTalk TV and other journalistic adventures

I was stopped in the hallway today by one of my coworkers and asked to be on a show called ThinkTalk TV as a "student journalist/entrepreneur." Basically, this show is filmed out of the University of Maryland's UMTV studio. during the show, the host interviews a different successful businessperson.  Each interview is enhanced with student questions (the questions are filmed elsewhere, like the media room of the Smith School).

Next week, ThinkTalk will feature Marla Malcolm Beck, the CEO of Bluemercury. Bluemercury is beauty company.

My question for Beck: How do you balance being the CEO of your own company with being a wife and a mother. Baller.

I'll post the link to the show when it airs next week. Basically, get my autograph 'cause I'm basically famous.

In other journalism-related news, I am almost finished attempting to do an Independent Study for next semester. It would be real cool and would basically be an in-depth blog about the differences in media types. I'm pretty pumped for it, but I'm not 100 percent sure the J-School will approve it. If it gets approved, I'll be running another blog. How exciting! Woo!

And, last, but certainly not least, I'm officially the Deputy Managing Editor of The Diamondback. It's pretty exciting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment