Friday, December 4, 2009

End of the semester. Woo!

The semester is drawing to a close. Thank goodness. Some life updates:

New articles published:
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/news/stories/2009/GreenVMH.aspx
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/news/stories/2009/LaceyBrauer.aspx

I am joining the Iota Iota Iota Honor Society. Induction is Dec. 10. :) It's a women's studies sorority focused on bringing feminism to UMD. I'm pretty excited about it... made a bunch of new friends. It is pretty exciting. It seems like the perfect culmination of my Women's Studies Certificate that I completed this semester. I'll definitely post cool event were are hosting/ attending when they come up next semester. I'll put up induction pictures, too!

I'm ending my term as the general assignment editor for The Diamondback at the end of the semester. I had a great time doing it, but I'm ready to be finished. I believe next semester I am taking on the job of Deputy Managing Editor. So, that's really cool. I'm pretty pumped. My last semester should be nice and easy. I'll be taking 4 classes -- 12 credits -- and working at The DBK and the Smith School. Should be pretty laid back :)

Christmas is soon. The familia is coming down the day after, per usual, and is staying until the 30th. I'm pretty excited because my grandpa is coming down for a day or so and I haven't seen him in years. In fact, I don't think I've seen him since Brian and I started dating more than 5 years ago. So it should be really nice. And, he and Brian get to finally meet :) That's pretty exciting. Should be a low-key Christmas, which is great. I need low-key in my life.

What else... Brian and I are looking to get an apartment when I graduate. That should be an exciting new adventure. But places around here are so expensive, it's ridiculous! We are looking at the boonies of Silver Spring... so still close enough to go home and see my little brother when I am missing him.

My life for the next couple of weeks:

  • Ashley's bday today
  • Mom's Christmas party this saturday
  • Papers due next week
  • Dad's Christmas party next weekend
  • Roommate Christmas
  • Music thing in DC with Brian
  • CHRISTMAS 

No comments:

Post a Comment