So many great things will come with graduation, and I can hardly wait. Sure, it means the end of college, the end of goofing off... the end of boozing on Tuesdays and eating D.P. Dough at 1:30 a.m. But, I think I'm ready. I'm ready to move out of my house that I share with 5 other people. I love them all and it has been a great experience. But, I am ready for a place of my own. I'm ready to not share everything and to not have to worry how all of my actions affect the people who I live with. I can't wait. I haven't had a place of my own.... well, ever! But, especially these past four years, I've lived with so many different people. So, it should be a nice change.
Also, I'm weird and I love growing up. I think it is exciting and fun.
Anyway, I am going to enjoy this Winter Break so much. I'm gonna get every last drop of fun out of living with my 5 awesome roommates before I move on to something different. In fact, this Friday we are doing roommate Christmas. Now, that might seem silly to some people. It might seem lame. It might seem boring. But, let me explain, because roommate Christmas is a tradition that everyone should envy. Everyone. You see, we go all out at 8701. Christmas is a glorious time. For example, we have our tree. Sure, it only has one strand of lights and all of the ornaments are from the Dollar Store. But our tree is beautiful. Then, there are the birthday signs. In the past month, three of the roommies have had birthdays, so our walls are litttered with exclamations of birthday joy. Anyway, since Christmas is the birth of Christ (well, not technically... he was born in the summer), Eric thoughtfully personalized one of our birthday signs. Now, it reads: "Happy Birthday Jesus." Awesome. Still, this isn't even the best part of Roommate Christmas. Then, we have the stockings. Those are pretty awesome. There is one for everyone -- including the pets. So, I have one, Ashlely, Char, Eric, Lindsay and Kristi have theirs, and Mocha, Zinnie and Luna have one! So exciting. And, super cute. They are full of gifts that we are gonna open Friday. Our tree is also crammed with gifts. Seriously, there are more gifts under this tree than I have under my trees at home. It is so exciting. We really do go all out.
So, when Friday rolls around, we are going to dinner in Bethesda, seeing the Symphony of Lights, and then coming home to exchange gifts. I can't wait!!!! It should be a lot of fun :)
Until then. I have lots to do still. Today is my best friend's birthday :)
Here's some cute pics of us. We've been friends... forever.
Love you bff <3<3<3
22 years of being forced to be your friend ; p
Last, but not least, it is time to start the job hunt. I'm frantically searching for jobs, yet I'm not even sure when I want to start working. I might take a month or two off... That could be fun... but I also hate not doing anything. So, who knows. I'll keep posting on that when new things come along.







No comments:
Post a Comment