First blog post, woo! Not convinced that anyone will ever read this, but if you do, enjoy!
My name is Jess and I'm a student at the University of Maryland, College Park (Go Terps!) I study journalism and am doing a concentration/certificate program in women's studies.
I work for our school paper, The Diamondback, which was recently ranked No. 2 best daily paper in the nation! I do copy editing, news editing and tried my hand at reporting a couple semesters ago. This upcoming semester I'll be an assistant managing editor, as well as the general assignment editor. Our paper is awesome (did I mention we were No. 2 in the nation??)!
This summer I'm interning for the Prince George's Sentinel. I absolutely love it there. The people are amazing and I get to do so much cool stuff (layouts, stories, editing, photos...).
Other cool stuff... I started my own jewelry business (if you can call it a business). I call my company Jewels by Jessica Evelyn and I sell my stuff on Smashing Darling, a website for indie designers. I've also sold my jewelry creations at craft fair(s). It's a lot of fun and a lot of people seem to get a kick out of the fact that I make my own jewelry.
So, that's me and what I do with my life in a nutshell.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment